MMA7455L 3-Axis Low-g Digital Output Accelerometer
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Feature
- 3 Application Ideas
- 4 Cautions
- 5 Schematic
- 6 Pin definition and Rating
- 7 Mechanic Dimensions
- 8 Usage
- 9 Bill of Materials (BOM) /parts list
- 10 FAQ
- 11 Support
- 12 Version Tracker
- 13 Bug Tracker
- 14 Resources
- 15 How to buy
- 16 See Also
- 17 Licensing
- 18 External Links
The MMA7455L is a Digital Output (I2C/SPI), low power, low profile capacitive micromachined accelerometer featuring signal conditioning, a low pass filter, temperature compensation, self-test, configurable to detect 0g through interrupt pins (INT1 or INT2), and pulse detect for quick motion detection. 0g offset and sensitivity are factory set and require no external devices. The 0g offset can be customer calibrated using assigned 0g registers and g-Select which allows for command selection for 3 acceleration ranges (2g/4g/8g). The MMA7455L includes a Standby Mode that makes it ideal for handheld battery powered electronics.
Layout all useful pin and breadboard friendly board breaks out every pin of the MMA7455L to a 8-pin DIP, 0.1" (2.54mm)pitch header. The sensor works on power between 2.2 and 3.6VDC (3.3V optimal), and typically consumes just 400µA of current. All three axes have their own analog output.
- Digital Output (I2C/SPI)
- 3mm x 5mm x 1mm LGA-14 Package
- Low Current Consumption: 400 μA
- Self-Test for Z-Axis
- Low Voltage Operation: 2.4 V – 3.6 V
- User Assigned Registers for Offset Calibration
- Programmable Threshold Interrupt Output
- Level Detection for Motion Recognition (Shock, Vibration, Freefall)
- Pulse Detection for Single or Double Pulse Recognition
- Sensitivity (64 LSB/g @ 2g and @ 8g in 10-Bit Mode)
- Selectable Sensitivity (±2g, ±4g, ±8g) for 8-bit Mode
- Robust Design, High Shocks Survivability (5,000g)
- RoHS Compliant
- Environmentally Preferred Product
- Low Cost
- PCB Size:24.9(mm)x12.7(mm)
- Cell Phone/PMP/PDA: Image Stability, Text Scroll, Motion Dialing, Tap to Mute
- HDD: Freefall Detection
- Laptop PC: Freefall Detection, Anti-Theft
- Motion Sensing, Event Recorder
- Low Voltage Operation: 2.4 V – 3.6 V, do not over 3.6V, that maybe destroy the module.
Pin definition and Rating
- PCB Size:24.9(mm)x12.7(mm)
- Compare Size between MMA7455L and MMA7361L
The projects and application examples.
- Breadboard friendly board breaks out every pin of the MMA7455L to a 8-pin DIP, 0.1" (2.54mm)pitch header.
Bill of Materials (BOM) /parts list
Comment Pattern Quantity Components ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 0 0603R 2 R1, R4 104 0603 1 C4 Capacitor 104 0603R 2 C2, C3 Capacitor 106 1206 2 C1, C5 Capacitor 1K 1 R6 4.7K 0603R 3 R2, R3, R5 CON4 HEAD4 2 J1, J2 Connector LED 1 D1 MMA7455 LGA14 1 U2 RT9161 SOT-89 1 U1
Please list your question here:
If you have questions or other better design ideas,
Bug Tracker is the place you can publish any bugs you think you might have found during use. Please write down what you have to say, your answers will help us improve our
How to buy
Other related products and resources.
This documentation is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0 Source code and libraries are
licensed under GPL/LGPL, see source code files for details.
Links to external webpages which provide more application ideas, documents/datasheet or software libraries